The Cisco Webex Connector will allow you to interact with Cisco Webex Meetings and Webex Teams directly from your Canvas Course. Once activated for a course, Canvas auto syncs your enrolled students from WINS every night, updating any adds or drops.
Get Started: Authorize (Instructors Only)
You must first Authorize the Cisco Webex Connector to interact with your account on Canvas. This only needs to be completed a single time for your Canvas Account. Once completed, it should be authorized for all of your Canvas courses.
- Inside of a Canvas course where you are listed as Teacher, click on the "Cisco Webex → Setup" option on the course navigation menu.
- Click on the "Authorize" button. This will launch a popup window.
- You will see a box asking you for authorization. Click on "Authorize" to continue.
- When the page reloads, the button should now say "Authorized" and you are ready to Choose your features!
Virtual Meetings (Webex Meetings)
These guides are specific to using Webex Meetings inside of your canvas course.
- Scheduling a Webex Meeting in Canvas (Instructors)
- Joining a Webex Meeting in Canvas
Please note: If you have multiple sections combined into a single Canvas course, either by WINS combination or manually cross-listing courses yourself, any scheduled Virtual Meeting will include all sections. If you are trying to create a meeting for a single section, this can be done through https://uww.webex.com, but the meeting will not be available through the Cisco Webex connector.
Office Hours (Webex Meetings)
These guides are specific to setting up and using office hours in your canvas course with Webex. Students are able to schedule a 1 on 1 Webex meeting with the instructor, based on availability that is set in advance by the instructor.
Please note: Office Hours time selections will apply to ALL courses within WINS.
Classroom Collaboration (Webex Teams)
These guides are specific to using Webex Teams inside of your canvas course:
Please note: If you have multiple sections combined into a single Canvas course, either by WINS combination or manually cross-listing courses yourself, Classroom Collaboration will include all sections.
Reauthorizing your Webex Account
A common issues we see is that instructors will need to reauthorize their Webex account so it can use the integration in Canvas.
- In the top right corner of the "Virtual Meetings" tab click on the logout button.
- Reload the page. This should then display the Cisco Webex Login link.
- Follow the steps to authorize. Once complete, reload the page again. You should now be reauthorized and ready to go.
Additional Guides Available