What is Kaltura?
Kaltura is a UW-System licensed tool that is integrated directly into Canvas for all Instructors and Students. Kaltura allows you to easily upload existing media files and record new videos and screen recordings with just a few clicks.
With Kaltura Capture students and instructors can record audio only, webcam + audio, screen + audio, or a combination of webcam AND screen and audio recordings. Get started by going to Kaltura Capture
Using Kaltura My Media for Assignments in Canvas
- Student Guide: Submitting a Canvas Video Assignment with Kaltura My Media (Student)
- Instructor Guide: Creating a Canvas Video Assignment with Kaltura My Media (Instructor)
Using the Kaltura Media Gallery for Class Video Sharing in Canvas
- Student Guide: Adding Videos to the Kaltura Media Gallery (Students)
- Instructor Guide: Enabling the Kaltura Media Gallery (Instructors)
Using Kaltura In Video Quizzing
- Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz Overview: https://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/91696
- Adding an Interactive Video Quiz as Assignment: https://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/page.php?id=91122
Additional Guides Available: