Currently there is an issue with embedded videos in Canvas. Additional details at: https://blogs.uww.edu/instructional/2020/08/28/canvas-embedded-video-issue/
NOTE: Rev does allow for comments, rating and downloads if enabled. However, these features do NOT work on embedded videos. If you want to use these features, you will need to create a direct link to the Rev video from Canvas.
Go to streaming.uww.edu and login with your Net-ID and Password. Locate the video that you would like to embed in Canvas.
- On the right side of the window, click on the sharing icon.
- Click the Embed button.
- Click the Options button.
- For the size, choose Responsive.
- Click the Copy button to copy the embed code.
- Login to Canvas using your Net-ID and password.
- Open one of your courses from the Dashboard.
- If need be, create a new Module using the purple "+ Module" button on the Home page.
- Click the gray "+" button inside the Module you'd like to add the embedded video under.
- Select "Page" as the type of item to add to your Module.
- Select "[ New Page ]" and name it something appropriate for the video.
- Click the purple "Add Item" button.
- Click on the newly created page to open it.
- Click the gray "Edit" button with the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the "Insert/edit media" button.
- Click the "Embed" option and paste the embed code into the text box.
Click the purple "Ok" button.
NOTE: After clicking "Ok", you won't see anything in the text box. Your embed code is there, but hidden. To see the code, click the blue "HTML Editor" link above the text editor.
- Click the purple "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- Your video has successfully been embedded in Canvas.