Video tutorial is available at: https://streaming.uww.edu/#/videos/d7a41511-e796-49a8-b2dd-484906f67528
Think of your Personal Meeting Room (PMR) as a virtual office. It will only be open when you have started a meeting in it, but others can 'stop by' and let you know by using the 'notify host' button. If they do this, you will receive an email notifying you that someone is waiting in your PMR. There’s no need to schedule time, and visitors do not need a code to join, but they do need your PMR link (see step 3 below).
You and others may return to this meeting location any time to meet. Personal Room meetings are best for impromptu meetings, back-to-back meetings in which the host wants to remain in one meeting room for several meetings and have attendees join at different times, e.g. advising sessions or office hours.
- Go to uww.webex.com and sign in using your Net-ID and password.
- You will see an overview of your profile. This will display your Personal Meeting Room information at top center screen. This looks relatively similar when using the desktop app, as well.
- To invite others to join you in your Personal Meeting Room, share your PMR link which looks like this: NetID). You can easily copy this information by using the Copy icon. This is a link you can include in your email signature line or syllabus if you are using your Personal Room for Office Hours.
- Click Start Meeting to enter your Personal Meeting room. This will start the session and allow others with the link to join you in the Webex Meeting.
- If you wish to lock the meeting, go to the Meeting Menu and click on Lock Meeting. A lock icon will appear at the top righthand corner of the screen above Participants.
- You will receive a prompt if someone tries to enter your meeting. If it is someone you are expecting, click Admit. If not, ignore the message and they will be logged out.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Learning Technology Center at email@example.com.