What is Respondus LockDown Browser?
Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB) is a secure internet browser application for taking quizzes in Desire2Learn (D2L). It allows you to take a quiz, as designated in D2L, in a controlled environment. If your instructor has set a quiz to require that RLDB Browser be used, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser.
The RLDB Browser can only be used for taking D2L Quizzes. It should not be used in other areas of D2L.
Where can I use Respondus LockDown Browser?
If you are using your own computer, you will need to follow the instructions below to install the RLDB before you can take a quiz.
- Note: LockDown Browser is not supported on Chromebooks. Please consult your instructor if you wish to use the iPad version of RLDB.
Taking a Quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser
- Inside of your Desire2Learn course, navigate to the quiz you need to take.
- If you do not have LockDown Browser installed, click on Download and Install the latest version of LockDown Browser. You can also download it directly from: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=164414303
- Click on the Launch LockDown Browser link. This will automatically launch the LockDown Browser and take you directly to the start quiz page.
- After clicking the button, your browser may prompt you with a box asking for permission to open Respondus LockDown Browser. Check the Always Open box and then click on Open or OK (Wording may vary based on your browser).
- Click on Start Quiz.
- Once a quiz has been started, you cannot exit until the Submit Quiz button is clicked.
If you have problems downloading, installing, or taking a quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser, contact D2L Support.