You have two options for viewing discussions. Grid View, which allows you to view discussions in a split screen with either a list or a threat at the top and messages at the bottom or Reading View, which allows you to view messages individually by opening from the Discussions area.
Grid view is enabled as my default.To switch between views:
- Log into your D2L account. At the top of the screen, on the right hand side, click on the drop-down list next to your name.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click on the Discussions tab.
- Under Personal Settings, you will see Default View. Select the view you would like.
- If you choose Grid View (which is the default), you also have the option to choose between Threaded and Unthreaded discussion views. Threaded view displays sub-topics and replies indented under the posts they address. Unthreaded will display all posts in a list. You can choose between these views under the Grid View Settings.
- Grid view allows the option to have every post open in a separate pop-up window. If you do not want this, select the options Show the preview pane and Show the search bar.
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the page to save your settings.